Search This Blog

Tuesday, April 9, 2013

Guilt & Mistakes


When I woke up this morning it was 7:30... well, that’s a first! I thought... As I settled down with my morning cup of green tea with a digestive Marie biscuit, I was still feeling guilty about the oily but mouth-watering samosas I had gobbled up the day before.

I know I know shame on me and I should be controlling my sudden urge to binge on high calorie comfort food. But the heart wants what it wants.

There are quite a few times in life that we know we should not be doing what we are doing but the temptation to do just that is too strong to resist. And we make mistakes. But hold on, a mistake? Really? Who said that it was? Mom? Boyfriend? Society in general?

Who defines which one is a mistake and which one is an effort to do something just for you. We act sometimes instinctively and these actions sometimes shape up to form the greatest experiences of our lives and sometimes well just a mistake. I, for one have no regrets about the mistakes that I have committed, and believe me there are many.  These actions, all of them have gone on to make me what I am today. Whenever I made/make a mistake it has brought with it an abundance of good and bad experiences that have taught me and shaped me up to be the person that I am today.

So, in retrospect, maybe the samosa was a bad decision, but I learnt something from this experience... Give in to the temptations and you would have a guilt ridden morning!

No comments:

Post a Comment