Search This Blog

Monday, July 27, 2015

Back when Newspapers carried news

There was a time when reading the newspaper did not put me in a bad mood, it did not make me negative, it did not bring me down for the rest of the day... I woke up to a big resource with loads to offer...this was back when I was a school student... These days when I pick it up, there is a sense of dread, of fear and an impending sense of doom. Even the headlines scare me, they paint such a gory picture that I feel agitated for hours after it...
I do realize that the negative stuff also needs to be reported of course. But do they need to be splattered across the front page and make it way bigger than it really was! After reading these gory "news" stories everyday, it was a shocking realization today that, it isn't the brutality of "human" beings that surprises me anymore. It is kindness and humanity that surprises me... How sad it that?
Don't people (whoever these people are) realize that the newspapers or the news channels for that matter, bring down the morale of the whole nation, especially the youth in a big big way... The confidence, the values and the positivity have gone spiraling down.... Hope is dying...

No comments:

Post a Comment