Search This Blog

Tuesday, March 17, 2009

leaves of memories

Leaves of memories….sweet and tender…
Touch our heart…and make it melt…
The warmth it evokes…oh so luscious…
The feelings so tangible…I never have felt….
As I remember…me as a toddler…
My mother hugging me tight…
Egging me to go ahead…
School will be all right!!!
I see myself sitting on a bench….
I share it sitting on one end…
There is a boy sitting on the other…
I smile at him…and he’s still my best friend…
The sweet successes….the wretched failures…
I tasted them all….
I remember my parents, my friends…
And I remember who stood by me at times all….
Those carefree days of college…
As we sit under the tree in the shade….
Hogging on sweetmeats, gossiping…
Not a care for anything neither time nor grade…
Entering the new world of work…
Responsibilities surround us all….
We still are the same for each other…
No matter worldly how big or small….
That special someone I spotted…
The laugh that I adore….
She is with me today…
Could I ask for anything more?
I saw my children grow up….
Crawling first and then treading their own paths gingerly….
Their first words to their degrees….
I remember them all so clearly
And today I see before me….
Their children and again I felt….
Leaves of memories…so sweet and tender…
Touch our heart…and make it melt…..

No comments:

Post a Comment