Search This Blog

Thursday, February 12, 2009

i understand.....

Here I am, still unborn….Am fighting, kicking and struggling….
In the warmth of the womb, I never wanna leave so I do it bawling and wailing….

Closed eyes, and fists clenched tight…holding on to the warmth with all might….
Of the breast that comforts me so…slowly opening my eyes, I see the blinding light….

I start to understand…what is what…As I cling on to that lap…
As I smell and sense her warmth….Comfortable here I take my nap……

Slowly I climb out of the shell….Explore the unknown on my own….
Only I don’t realize…That soft, firm hand so ready to hold me lest I fall…

I talk to, I cry to, I feel, I treasure this same…Soft yet so strong a wall of trust….
I enter a life so independent…..Slowly however…it starts gathering layers of dust….

I still remember her; I still miss her….Somehow, however in my false complacence…
I forgot to let her know so…But oh! She will understand…. I’m sure she can sense….


As time goes by, I find things more important MY family, MY kids, My job, MY money
That is how I sum up MY world Oh, am so busy…I cry so…now it sounds a lil phoney…

It’s been a while she hasn’t seen me…..Down the line the bond weakens……
She can’t see nor can she hear….she needs a lot of care….so the man in me reckons….

Mother! I hope you will understand….You will have ppl your age around you
People around to take care of you Oh! I will come n visit…see I never can forget you…

Her lips smile but the smile never reaches eyes I ignore it completely…as here I stand…
Can I ever do anything that will be bad….Oh mother! I hope you will understand….

She smiles her vacant smile back at me and nods in agreement…
Satisfied and relieved I go to sleep…..she will understand…..
I push back all the memories of times long gone….
I go to her…she is still in bed…at the door I stand…

I frown…should I wait…or just prod her awake….
I go to her…I touch her…the warmth is all gone…at the bedstead I stand…
She is all cold life has left her…but her vacant smile is still there as if saying….
Oh son! Its ok I understand!

1 comment: