Search This Blog

Thursday, January 29, 2009

different....


Standing by the tree, I see the kids playing…
I go to them but I am shunned…
You are different they say…stay away they say…
Is that when on me it dawned??

I see the school kids sitting….
By the playground picking…
With whom they wanna play…
You are different they say….you stay away they say….
Those words are still pricking…

Still flushed with shame…
I grow and reach my college…
Few can do the same….
So I sit by a group….they raise their brows and say
You are different….you stay away…

I see the love of my life…walking by the road…
Hand in hand with a guy…he is so like her…
Oh how I wish he be her brother!!!
I go to her and say all I want to say…
She looks at me and smiles….

You are different she says…
But I know what it means now…as I turn away…
She holds my hand and says…
You are so different from the crowd…
That is what makes you unique….

And now I understand……
This difference is what made me stand out…
How else did I do what I did...?
How else did I get what I got…?

And today if they say
You are different…
No more is there hostility…
All I feel is the admiration behind it….

And I smile at them…
Oh Yes! Am so different…..

1 comment: